However, good can come from this.
Let each person use his $13 dollars per week to educate himself. Some suggestions to start your reading list:
- Basic Economics by Thomas Sowell (admittedly, you would have to save your stimulus for two weeks, but it will be worth it).
- How Capitalism Saved America: The Untold History of Our Country, from the Pilgrims to the Present by Thomas Dilorenzo.
- Free to Choose: A Personal Statement by Milton Friedman
- FDR's Folly: How Roosevelt and His New Deal Prolonged the Great Depression by Jim Powell.
- Human Action: A Treatise on Economics by Ludwig von Mises
- The Dirty Dozen: How Twelve Supreme Court Cases Radically Expanded Government and Eroded Freedom by Robert A. Levy and William Mellor
- Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand (again, it will be about two weeks of stimulus, but well worth it).
By reading these books, each citizen will recognize the lies of the collectivists. Perhaps then, and only then, we will resist future calls for free money and government solutions.